[3830] CQWW CW ZF9CW SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 07:47:37 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZF9CW
Operator(s): ZF9CW
Station: ZF9CW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Cayman Brac
Operating Time (hrs): 46:18

  160:  385    13       46
   80:  669    19       65
   40: 1193    23       78
   20: 1381    26       77
   15: 1449    25       79
   10:  114    13       18

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

That was a lot of fun.  We came down to the new QTH about a month ago and will
be here until next Monday.  If I can recover from CW overload over the next few
days I plan to work the ARRL 160 Contest before leaving.

Although I have everything set up for SO2R, I just don't have the skills
developed to do it so I just used the one radio.

I built verticals for 160, 40 and 20 and a two element duo-band Yagi for 15 and
10.  The 80m antenna was a > shaped wire from the 160M vertical fed at the
bottom and using a common radial screen.

Congratulations to V26K for such an outstanding score!  I tried as hard as I
could and he nearly doubled my score coming within a small margin of his world
record with poor propagation on 10m.  Very impressive. Operator skill can be
improved and the reverse beacon would indicate additional work to be done with
antennas.

One of the highlights was being called by VK6NC on 15m at high noon and moving
him to 20m where we also worked.  Noticed on his posting that VK6NC only made
two contacts with ZF and not that many contacts with other Carribean stations.

Hope everyone enjoyed the contest.  In another week, its back to cold weather
and walking the golf course.

73...Stan, ZF9CW