[3830] CQWW CW VK3MI SOSB/40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 08:04:38 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VK3MI
Operator(s): VK3MI
Station: VK3MI

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: VK3

   40:  647    28       86

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Another enjoyable weekend of radio contesting! Running low power on 40M from a
noisy quarter acre urban block in Melbourne city proved to be a good challenge.
It was difficult to break the pileups or hold a run frequency for any length of
time with low power. I ended up spending the majority of the time search and
pouncing. Conditions seemed OK but not brilliant. Fortunately there was minimal
noise from lightning which can often make copy on the low bands difficult at
this time of year.
Radio - Flex-6300 80W
Antenna - Inverted vee dipole with the centre about 20m AGL over our 2 storey
house. I also have a 16m tall vertical antenna with elevated radials but this
was not used as I found signals were generally stronger, along with less
man-made noise, on the dipole.