[3830] CQWW CW VU2XE SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 08:10:02 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VU2XE
Operator(s): VU2XE
Station: VU2XE

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:  147    19       47
   20:  482    22       66
   15:  765    21       66
   10:    7     3        3
------------------------------
Total: 1401    65      182  Total Score = 913,653

Deeply vanishing effects of Sunspots on propagation was very evident in the
contest. Unusual way that 20m behaved throughout the day will remain in my
memory for some time to come for sure as well. With my amp on pumping around
350W into spiderbeam, this time saw a very new spectrum of operating
experience. Probably for the first time, pileup during contest was so fierce to
take me back to VU4 dxped experience on 20m phone. I had a goal to beat my low
power scores from last year and thought it would be eeeeasy.. but it was not
:). all bands over 20m closed by 7 local time (13:30 UTC). This disappointed me
as i did not had much juice on lower bands. Coming years lower bands to go for
sure..
Thanks all my buddies on the air to give me those great runs

Cheers
Kiran VU2XE