[3830] CQWW CW SJ2W M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 12:53:31 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SE2T SM2EZT SM2LIY SM2WMV SM3JLA SM3VAC
Station: SJ2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Da Traesk

  160:  331    11       60
   80:  759    29      104
   40: 1398    38      137
   20: 1900    37      134
   15:  200    29      103
   10:    6     2        6

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Horrible propagation! We claimed 15 meg two years ago with pretty much the same
core team but now better equipment, and this year we didn't even reach 5 meg.
We are quite happy about the number of QSOs though considering the conds but
there was really just some spotty good DX openings. 15m was really down were we
had to fight for most QSOs and run was not really possible.

The new inband tower was used for the first time with a 16el tribander and 2el
for 40m. I climbed up with a 80m inv vee before the contest that has its apex
at about 26m. The tower is located about 470m away from the other antennas and
is rotated by a DC-motor and 180Ah 12V battery pack. The control of the tower
including antenna switching and rotation plus monitoring of battery state is
done with wireless link running at 868 MHz. The coax is 7/8" hardline. It
worked really well except when beaming some directions on 10-20m but we have
some ideas to get rid of that problem. On 40 and 80m there were no issues at
all and on 160m we have not put up an inband antenna yet. We had some issues
not being able to rotate it until Saturday mid day when we fixed that problem.

Fun race as always with OH5Z even though they had some equipment issues, wish
there were more M/S teams in Scandinavia to compete with.

Antennas
160m: 1/4 vertical
 80m: 4-SQ
 40m: 3/3el + 2/2el + 4-SQ
 20m: 6/6/6el + 5/5el + 4el @EU
 15m: 6/6/6/6/6el + 6/6el + 5el
 10m: 6/6el + 6el @46m

Inband: 32m rotatable tower, 16el tribander (4/4/8), 2el fullsize 40m and inv
vee for 80m.

Run: K3 + ACOM 2000A (Sponsored by Ojojoj Music AB)
Inband: TS590SG + ACOM 2000A (Borrowed from SM2OAN)
Mult: TS590SG + ACOM 1000

Check the website for more updates,
http://www.sj2w.se