[3830] CQWW CW OK2ZI SOSB(A)/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 15:45:55 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OK2ZI
Operator(s): OK2ZI
Station: OK2ZI

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: OK5Z

   80: 1702    32      117
Total: 1702    32      117  Total Score = 352,981

My first attempt from OK5Z new contest QTH (http://ok5z.blogspot.cz/). The QTH
is still in the construction so I used only simple "fat" dipole in
Inv-VEE configuration
(http://ok5z.blogspot.cz/2016/11/stoly-cisteni-pozemku-beverage-inv-vee.html).

4 beverages in direction 40,220,300,120 deg switched via my low loss 8 port RF
switch (http://blog.ok2zi.cz/2012/11/8-mi-portovy-vf-prepinac.html) and with
W7IUV based preamplifier
(http://blog.ok2zi.cz/2014/04/predzesilovac-w7iuv-mereni-w7iuv.html). All
worked very well, even some RX cables are over 140 meters long.

Worked "only" about 30 hours due to the QRM at the radio of my
brother OK2ZC running as OK3C at 15m HP Assisted. We need to build good
filters.

Worked  127x USA, 94x Asiatic Russia, 30x Japan, 15x Canada. From EU is
dominating DL with 238 QSO, 175x European Russia and 147x Ukraine.

It was fun for me and I see a big potential at new OK5Z QTH. Stay tuned, thanks
for the QSO and call me(us) in every contest.

73! Karel OK2ZI/OK7Z