[3830] CQWW CW EF8U(OZ1AA) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 11:27:26 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: EF8U
Operator(s): OZ1AA
Station: EF8U

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Las Palmas

  160:  112     7       37
   80:  496    14       60
   40: 1987    27       95
   20: 1915    33      103
   15: 1635    28       98
   10:   21     9       12

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

First of all a big and heartfelt thank you to Juan EA8RM and all the people at
the URE Las Palmas club for the invitation to come to EA8 - such great
hospitality and a truly magic place for radio!

Since I was a teenager reading the CQ magazine I was dreaming about a Top 10
finish in the biggest contest of them all. Now it looks like I made it.

Big congratulations to N6MJ and KL9A for such amazing performances at ZF2MJ and
TI5W - and to all the other great scores being made this weekend despite the
challenging conditions (I think I'm not the only one who thought my 10 meter
antennas didn't work).

Now back to training dual pile up so that I can move up even higher :-)

A few photos from the contest at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/oz1aa/

Thanks a lot for calling and see you next year!

73,

Thomas OZ1AA

www.cyclingtheglobe.com