[3830] CQWW CW 4O3A(E73A/9A3A) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 13:29:59 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 4O3A
Operator(s): E73A/9A3A
Station: 4O3A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: JN92hj
Operating Time (hrs): 47'12"

  160:  364    12       57
   80:  574    21       80
   40: 1481    35      111
   20: 1423    32       98
   15:  366    29       86
   10:   12     6       11

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

Contesting has prevailed over family and work, of course, but I am happy that,
after 19 trips to Montenegro, 'mandatory' contesting is over!! Arrived some 5
hours before start, no city power till Saturday, so after a 3 hour nap, LP was
the most reasonable choice. Full 48 hour effort again - I like endurance
challenge, although a couple of short breaks would be nice, especially when
there is not much to work.

Considering 10m was dead and 15 not in a good shape, 20 and 40m were 'money'
bands. Despite bad propagation, nearly 2,500 QSOs first day kept my hopes for a
bit better propagation on Sunday and overall 100 Q/hour average. As it often
happens, Sunday propagation was even worse, except some pretty good runs to NA
on 20m. Missed quite a few easy multipliers from EU on 15m, despite several QSY
attempts. Also missed some regular 'Sunday' multipliers on low bands (e.g ZD8W),
nether they called me, nor could I find them on R2. Thanks to all QSYs, really
appreciated!

It was nice to meet Tom, KC0W, who was at 4O3A as a guest for a 'mini'
DX-pedition, but as I was stuck to the chair, we have exchanged only a few
words during the contest.  My apologies for occupying the station for the whole
weekend and thanks to Tom for a short adventure trip down the hill on the way
back, at least we had 30 minutes conversation.

73 and TU for calling 4O3A

Ivo I7/9A3A, E73A