[3830] CQWW CW VC3W/2 SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 20:15:26 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VC3W/2
Operator(s): VE3NE VE3AXC
Station: VC3W/2

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Sept Iles, QC

  160:  265    10       28
   80:  657    17       72
   40:  891    20       72
   20: 1323    24       90
   15:  456    24       71
   10:   14     6       11

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

When the QTH became available just before the contest I could not resist the
opportunity to activate Zone 2. VE3AXC, Kirill joined me and drove 1,500 km to
Sept Iles, QC. and entered into M/S.
The beginning was extremely rough...
The beverage antennas were an absolute necessity. Only 500 W and simple wires
on the low bands were not enough in these conditions. Quite often when called a
mult they just CQ-d back to our face...:-)
We tried to be everywhere as much as possible and provide Z2 for all who
needed. In a few occasions we were asked to move to 10m but that band was a
right off most of the time.

I am quite amazed by the scores from EA8, P3, CN, PZ and other locations.
Maintaining an average 200+ per hour rate throughout the contest in CW is quite
something. Once I had a nice run from 6Y3M where I made 1600 QSOs in 8 hours but
I was toast at the end...:-)

It was nice to hear Contest Club Ontario putting out a nice activity from
places like NP4DX, 9Y4/VE3EY, 6Y3T, VE3EJ and us in Zone 2.

There are so many good operators out there...even guys in slow speed were quick
to react and helped running the pileups and we are grateful for that.

Thank you guys for all the excitement and see you next time.

73
Lali, VE3NE