[3830] CQWW CW VE3THX SOSB(A)/15 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 30 00:06:08 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3THX
Operator(s): VE3THX
Station: VE3THX

Class: SOSB(A)/15 LP
QTH:

   15:  79     18       42
Total:  79     18       42  Total Score = 12,420

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Equipment worked well but conditions from Toronto to pretty well everywhere on
15 were just atrocious given a small quad at 30 feet AGL and low power.
Couldn't get a single run going and S&P was a chore to almost everywhere.
This was the least fun I've ever had in a major contest and certainly my
worst-ever performance. You know it's bad when you can't even get a single DL
in the log, and the pileups for garden-variety Caribbean entities were huge and
solid from band opening to band closing.

On the plus side, at least I got to spend more time socializing with the folks
I was visiting up there.

All I can say for CQWW in 2016 (both CW and SSB): P.U.