[3830] CaQP AE6Y SOFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 2 19:13:17 EDT 2016

California QSO Party

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SCLA

  160:    21     3
   20:   303   286
   15:   237   221
   10:    64    36
--------------------
Total:  1042   706  Mults = 57  Total Score = 258,666

Club: Mother Lode DX & Contest Club

Comments:

Due to work commitments, I couldn't enjoy the hospitality (not to mention the
ridge-top location of Ken and Kay (K6TA/K6KO) in AMAD as I have for the past
several years, so had to operate from home. That reduced my motivation, and
allowed me to leave 5 hours on the table with a clear contest-conscience.
  High points:
1) Better condx than forecast, including even a 10m opening on Saturday.
However, my log show only 17 DX stations, only a handful of which were EUs
(compared to a few years ago when we might work several hundred).
2) Working VY1AAA on 4 bands -- thanks Dean!
3) I had been bedeviled for several years by a seemingly intermittent bug in my
software, CQPWIN, that would sometimes put the QSO on the wrong band when
operating SO2R.  This year, I finally stopped Saturday evening when I found a
repeatable condition of malfunction and dug into the code to figure it out once
and for all. Lost some operating time, but was delighted to find a very simple
fix. What a relief!
4) Helping some really strong out-of-state efforts, including 10 QSOs each with
K2SSS, NR5M and K9CT (the latter two including 160 CW Qs).
  Low points:
1) Never hearing or working AK.
2) Hearing W6YI hand out numbers 50% or more higher than mine.
  73, Andy, AE6Y