[3830] CaQP NO6T(@N5ZO) M/SFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 2 22:19:33 EDT 2016

California QSO Party

Call: NO6T
Operator(s): N6AN N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH: SDIE

  160:    22      3
   10:    48     47
--------------------
Total:  1211   1230  Mults = 57  Total Score = 2,441

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Nice contest.  It was 2nd time ever to do any kind of multi op here @N5ZO and
decided on multi instead of single op entry as due to other commitments I was
not going to be able to be at the station for few hours of the beginning of it.
 David N6AN drove down from LA area and we finished reviewing all the
peculiarities of the setup 2 am on Friday and then he was left alone to start
it here on Saturday morning while I was gone.  All went well and regardless of
some minor computer issues and few operator errors with bit complex antenna
switching we were still never off the air and at least one radio was active
whole time.  I think it was good SO2R practice for both of us and we just took
turns on chair.  We had 2 computer 2 keyboard setup for operator on chair and
we learned more about trying to run on 2 bands at same time.  Lot to improve in
that area.  We passed old M/S record from 1996 with last few QSOs of the event
and I don't expect our post log-checking score to be new record.  So we get to
try again maybe next year.  I think we only worked 1 EU station and few JAs on
Sunday morning, other than that it was North American event.  Conditions were
quite poor with strong QSB.  Sorry if we had to ask many repeats from you.
This is great contest to operate here here in CA and will be back for more next
years.
TNX for QSOs & 73 de Marko N5ZO