[3830] CaQP NC6DX M/MFixed QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 2 22:31:35 EDT 2016

California QSO Party

Call: NC6DX
Operator(s): K6XN K6YN N6SWX
Station: NC6DX

Class: M/MFixed QRP
QTH: NEVA

  160:
   80:    9     44
   40:   31     55
   20:  111     30
   15:  111     61
--------------------

We thought we would do something different this year and operate Multi-Multi QRP
in the CQP. We were amazed at what we could achieve running Multi-Multi running
5 Watts or less using a collection of beloved antique Icom IC-751A transceivers
with their power outputs cranked down to 5 Watts and less. We were fortunate to
be able to use four element KLM beams for 40M,20M and 15M and a good wire
inverted Vee antenna for 80M up in a tall pine tree. We operated from a
semi-wilderness area in Nevada County on top of a 5000 foot mountain. When we
left earlier today the temperature was 41 degrees, raining, a lightening storm
predicted and snow predicted for tomorrow....exciting..... Thanks for all the
fun and for the extra effort you all gave us to copy our QRP signals! 73 and
KB, Ted, K6XN for the Team