[3830] CaQP W6K(WQ6X) SO(A)CntyExp LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 3 01:50:03 EDT 2016

California QSO Party

Call: W6K
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W6K

Class: SO(A)CntyExp LP
QTH: Twain Harte, Ca.

  160:    8      0
   80:   76     25
   40:   64     45
   20:  153     40
   15:   56      9
   10:    4      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a last minute single-OP expedition from a cabin in Twain Harte.
Radio was a Yaesu FT-1000mp into a OCFD dipole and Cobra sloper both hung from
70' high trees.
Band condx. were HORRIBLE.
10 meters produced only local QSOs.
I got more distance (Montana & Idaho) on 160 then I did on 10 meters.
15 meters was not much better.  75 SSB was a disappointment.
40 meter SSB came through during the last 1/2 hour of the contest.
Where were stations during the Friday nite practice events?
2 QSOs is rather pitiful.
It was fun handing out Tuolumne county, however where were Alaska, VE4, VE2,
RI, ND, NE, DE, VT & SC?
You can read more about my expedition at:
http://WQ6X.Info/CQP/CQP2016
  and
http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com