[3830] CaQP K6KNS SOFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 3 12:09:09 EDT 2016

California QSO Party

Call: K6KNS
Operator(s): K6KNS
Station: K6KNS

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: Folsom

   40:          29
   20:         559
   15:          59
--------------------
Total:   0     647  Mults = 56  Total Score = 74,464

Club: Mother Lode DX & Contest Club

Comments:

I was better prepared this time with pre-planning and advice from KR6N (we
shared strategies).

At the start, I couldn’t find a clear enough frequency in the upper portion
of 20M (USB) for very long so I parked on 14.196 and had a rate of about 60 per
hour. Although General Class licensees couldn’t work me, I had a nice run
without any ‘Donald Ducks’ to drown me out. I even took a break for lunch
and came back to the same frequency and continued.  Early evening I worked 40M
(SSB) but my inverted V  picks up lots of local noise so  not many logged.

Sunday, I got on 14.251 (USB) and Ran for a few hours until the Big Guns came
and squeezed me out. I did some S&P and logged quite a few that way. The
band conditions made it so challenging to hear weak stations I missed many. My
goal for CQP was to log 600. I was going to be short until I went to 15M (SSB)
on Sunday afternoon and I had lots anxious stations answer me, most for a
second band. The band had low noise and room to park in the clear.

I logged 25 counties, worked all States, and got 6 of the Canada provinces.  No
DX.

Dave K6KNS
Sacramento County (SACR)

Kenwood TS-990s / ASL-600 / Hex beam / 40M inverted V