[3830] 432FallSprnt VE3CRU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 6 20:57:27 EDT 2016

432 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN04na

Total:  QSOs = 9  Mults = 5  Tot Dist(km) = 1626  Total Score = 45

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Never in the past have I seen a 432 Sprint with such low activity on the air.
The sky was clear but strong, cold and damp wind made it uncomfortable as I
kept one vehicle door open at all times. I was tired from a very poor night's
sleep and with so much dead time, packed up and left at 9 pm and was in bed by
9:45. Prior to bed I noted the heavy amount of arranged qso's being set up and
made. This works for those doing it, but the negative effect is that no cq's
are being made on the band to be heard by those not on ON4KST chat.

Only dx to east, K1TEO at 344 miles, and only to the west K8MR at 202 miles. To
the south was a few in FN13.  It can only get better.

Thanks to the SVHFS for sponsoring and to all who participated.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU