[3830] 432FallSprnt K8CC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 7 01:43:15 EDT 2016

432 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC
Station: K8CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN82eh
Operating Time (hrs): 0:50

Total:  QSOs = 5  Mults = 5  Tot Dist(km) = 1346  Total Score = 25

Club: Michigan VHF-UHF Society

Comments:

I planned to operate as much of the 432 Sprint as possible, but a schedule
change for another commitment limited me to the last hour only.

Biggest surprise came while I was working N3NGE in FN20 on a heading of 108
deg.  VA3ELE posted on the ON4KST chat that I had a really good signal at his
QTH, despite being more than 40 degrees off axis from where I was beaming.  ELE
was a solid Q5 after I finished with NGE, and came up nicely when I rotated my
beam his way and we worked easily.  He said I was 599 + 20db, surprising for
just a 432 Boomer and 100W at my end.

We made a sked to try 1296 after the contest, and that was another Q5 QSO.

My thanks to the five stations I worked in my limited time on the air.  I hope
to see everyone in the upcoming Microwave Sprint.  I'll have at least two bands
:-)

73,
Dave K8CC
EN82eh