[3830] 432FallSprnt WW7D/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 9 02:23:29 EDT 2016

432 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: WW7D/R
Operator(s): WW7D
Station: WW7D

Class: Rover LP
QTH: wwa

Total:  QSOs = 53  Mults = 12  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 636

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Roved around the CN97/CN87/CN96/CN86 intersection SE of Seattle.  Modest
activity in the Pacific Northwest.

I operated for 80 minutes (in second grid) before realizing the sensitivity of
my Yaesu FT-857D was way down.   I couldn't hear anyone outside CN87, and only
strong signals in CN87.  Fortunately, I had a spare FT-857D along.  Had to
backtrack to pick up VE7AFZ in CN89 and WA7ZWG and KC7EQO in CN88 from CN97.
Unfortunately, I missed all the Portland (CN85) area stations that seemed to go
QRT about 60 min into it.   Other nearby grids were simply not activated.  Ended
up working CN87, CN88, and CN89 from all four of my grids.  Worked 18 unique
stations, and 10 of them from all 4 grids.