[3830] JARTS KG4IGC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 17 11:48:26 EDT 2016

JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Summerville,SC
Operating Time (hrs): 9:14

   80:    1     1
   40:    4     3
   10:    5     3
-------------------
Total:  170    59  Total Score = 23,541

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

I didn't get to start until Saturday because I was busy putting my shack back
together after getting flooded during hurricane Mathew. Operating time was
limited  as I am taking care of my wife Sarah as she just had a major operation
on Wednesday. The bands were not in too bad of shape Saturday afternoon but I
did experience a lot of QSB.

 Both 15 and 20 meters were open to EU and the top of Africa, 20 being the
strongest in my opinion.Heard and worked Morocco on twenty late in the
afternoon. I tried to work 40 meters at grey line for about an hour but didn't
have much luck, only a couple of stateside stations. Sunday proved to have much
better band conditions for 20 and 15 meters, I heard lots of EU stations but
they seemed to only come in spurts through the afternoon. 10 meters was a bust,
but it did open briefly Sunday afternoon around 1900 to SA.

 Did some running on 20 and 15 both days, runs lasted about 30 minutes apiece
until things dried up. Operated S&P when running failed to produce any new
stations and it proved to be fruitful as many new EU ops showed up on both 15
and 20. Had quite a few EU stations responding to my calls on 20 and 15 meters
throughout the afternoon Sunday, mainly on 20. I did here a station from Israel
on twenty Sunday around mid afternoon but unfortunately was not able to work him
despite the fact his signal was about 5X4 at my QTH. 15 meters seemed to dry up
and close down around 5 PM Sunday afternoon.

 Heard fellow Swamp Foxer K7OM Ted a few times on 15 and 20 on Sunday. In the
end I have to say that I enjoyed the contest as it has been a very hectic time
for my family the past couple of weeks. It was really nice to work a bunch of
familiar calls, a much needed break the hassles of everyday life.

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
PWR: 100
ANTS:40/40 Super loop at 20 feet, K4HEX Hexbeam at 20 feet