[3830] TBDC HS0ZIA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 23 10:07:12 EDT 2016

Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: HS0ZIA
Operator(s): HS0ZIA
Station: HS0ZIA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Chiang Mai

Total:  QSOs = 0  Total Score = 1

The first night seemed nice and quiet but signal levels were muted. The closest
stations I heard were 3 UA0s and a dozen JAs in the 4,000 km range. None could
copy my call. One of the farthest at 7,500 km (and one of the loudest) stations
was LY7A along with 5 or 6 other mostly weak (except a couple of UAs) EU
stations. The second evening seemed much worse with many more static crashes.
The JA/HL stations were mostly weak. I monitored the cluster for the entire
contest and spent a lot of time tuning for the spotted  big guns in NA but
nothing. The farthest E I heard was V6Z, though much weaker than when I worked
him a couple nights earlier. The HiZ 8 circle array continues to impress. Maybe
we can improve our signal for the big Stew......
73 Bob