[3830] TBDC LY2XW Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 24 04:58:44 EDT 2016

Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: LY2XW
Operator(s): LY2XW
Station: LY2XW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KO25oe

Total:  QSOs = 217  Total Score = 739

Hi,
I always await Stew events, no matter is it Pre or Big. No specific preparation
was needed, so I just walked around the beverages and checked whether they not
suffered from falling branches in a wood as last couple weeks have been quite
windy here.
I did a lot of CQ almost from the start of the contest hoping to hear any
scratch from VK in response, unfortunately with no success. Bit later two JA
stations came back to my cq, JH2FXK signal was usually stable and well
readable. Those two qsos accompanied by few UA9/0 was everything what I managed
to get into log as most distant contacts from east direction.
Right after local midnight I did the sleep brake hoping to chase up more
distant stations from NA at our sunrise time.  Nothing surprising happened,
conditions proved themselves as poor enough. I’ve worked only 8 NA stations,
while tried to reach about twice more. Most pleasant moment of this contest
period was VE9AA and VO1HP responses to my cq. The best DX worked is KV4FZ, who
has great ears and answered to my first call.

Rig: TS2000 + TT Titan 417
TX ant: Inv L  w 50 radials
RX ant: beverages to 4 directions

Thanks to all for the contacts, 73 & cu!
Vygis