[3830] CQWW SSB KB0EO SOSB(A)/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 30 19:52:57 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 5:30

   40:  116    22       51

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

A index was as high as 28 - there were a few stretches in which there were
virtually no signals on 40 meters. Decent propagation to Central and South
America. Also, trans-equatorial propagation to Africa and VK/ZL was fairly
strong. I didn't work zones 14 and 15 until the last 2 hours of the contest.
You could hear the band getting stronger toward the end of the contest. No
Japan or Asia worked - a few heard, but they couldn't hear me.

All in all, probably the most difficult conditions I have experienced during a
contest. Kicking and scratching for every QSO. VE3 also opened up the last 2
hours.

73 and good luck!

Dan - KB0EO
Northfield, MN