[3830] CQWW SSB N4YA SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 30 21:16:29 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4YA
Operator(s): N4YA
Station: N4YA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA

  160:   24     8       13
   80:   65    15       35
   40:  132    22       55
   20:  211   554       70
   15:  243    21       59
   10:   68    10       24
------------------------------
Total:  743   101      256  Total Score = 691,152

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Yaesu FTDX 5000, Alpha 9500, Hy-Gain TH-7, Cushcraft XM-240, 160 Dipole, 80
Meter Tee, K9AY Loop Receive.  Horrible conditions this year. This was the
first time that I really used the FT 5000 in crowded band conditions.  I
absolutely failed and being able to separate stations that were right on top of
each other.  I almost decided to pull my old FT-1000 MP Field and use it.  I did
very little running this year.  Europe was coming in absolutely terrible for me.
 However, I did manage to make a few of the 10 meters openings.

I was disgusted with the CB'ers operating just above 7.200 MHz.  You know that
there is a contest going on this weekend, move higher in the band.  Don't get
made and start acting like your driving a truck in the movie "Convoy"
just because contesters are interrupting your discussion of "who knocked up
who in the trailer park."   I was delighted when the Europeans came in and
completely engulfed your beloved portion of 40 meters with "CQ
Contest...."

Other than the above, I am looking forward to CQWW CW, as I can absolutely
operate the FT-5k on CW a lot stronger than I did with SSB....