[3830] CQWW SSB N4KG SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 30 22:50:54 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA

  160:   19     6       15
   80:  115    21       61
   40:  106    23       56
   20:  289    27       99
   15:  233    25       87
   10:   90    15       43
------------------------------
Total:  852   117      361  Total Score = 1,090,796

With my compromised antennas, day 1 was a Slug-Fest, then the bottom fell out
with POOR Propagation for the remainder of the contest.

It was so bad that I took a nap both mornings.
When I returned Sunday morning, 15m was open to SPAIN.
So much for the rest of Europe.

I added a reflector to the SE on my 80M wire vertical in the woods.
It seemed to work well as I was able to hear and work everything in the
Caribbean and South America including CB1H CW5W LP1H LT1F ZP6A.
My 80M Elevated GP plus reflector to the NE seemed to work well to EU.
Bottom Line:  The most enjoyable Band this weekend was 75 Meters!

Tom N4KG in North Alabama