[3830] CQWW SSB VC7X(VE7JH) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 09:27:36 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VC7X
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Zone 3
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   19     4        3
   80:   95    11       22
   40:  218    18       36
   20:  512    24       54
   15:  463    15       38
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------
Total: 1317    72      153  Total Score = 631,350

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Challenging conditions here on Vancouver Island.
A good score from here is usually determined by how many multipliers we can get
from outside the Americas. Well, there weren't many this year:
19 European contacts (all 20m), and a mere 50 JA's (40-20-15) are in the log.
Luckily it seems every Caribbean island had a station on it and our South
American friends were out in full force.
Most of the contest time was spent trying to find a spot to call CQ with my
100W and then running the short but intense USA pileups.
Had to skip 6 hours Saturday morning, needless to say that's when we had a
short 10m opening.
Thanks to Duane, VE7UF for the use of his station, his 4 towers with a large
selection of assorted aluminum and wires made all the difference.
73,
Gabor, VE7JH