[3830] CQWW SSB K1KA SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 17:13:51 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1KA
Operator(s): K1KA
Station: K1KA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NH

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    3     3        3
   40:   90    18       42
   20:  295    22       91
   15:  181    21       62
   10:  130    14       39

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Everyone agrees on how bad the conditions were, but unfinished antenna work kept
me off 80 & 160 again this year. - Self inflicted.

Murphy struck in a strange way. The N1MM logging program went absolutely
berserk whenever I tried to keyboard enter a QSO. All the opened windows would
flash and the radio would keep switching between sub RX and Split, until I
closed the application. I could click on a spot and click to log it, but I
could not work anyone who wasn't spotted. If  I had to reboot, then the entire
spot window would have to rebuild. Boy did I hate passing up some really nice
strong signals, that weren't spotted.

No doubt this is also self inflicted due to some mistake I've made in the rig
interface.

Had fun with the new radio and amp though.

Rig: K3s, SPE 1.3K-FA, Cushcraft X7 w/ 40m element