[3830] CQWW SSB K8AZ M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 23:46:18 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8AZ
Operator(s): W3YQ AA8OY K8AAV K8AZ K8NZ N8AA N8TR W8CAR W8WWV WB8K WT8C
Station: K8AZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OHIO

  160:   36    11       27
   80:  116    23       64
   40:  237    29       90
   20:  656    32      113
   15:  380    26       83
   10:  117    18       53

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Two of my longest-held and dearest friends, K8NZ and N8AA, each of whom can
claim a half-century of CQWW experience (and I am not too far behind
them),emphatically agreed that these were the worst CQWW conditions they have
ever experienced here in the Midwest.

So, we decided to have fun instead.  After all, we're in Cleveland, and the
Cleveland Indians were on TV Friday and Saturday nights, at Wrigley Field -- as
big underdogs -- in games 3 and 4 of baseball's World Series.  What better
excuses to divert one's attention from radio?  So we played radio, watched two
intense games, used the contest to break in some of the less experienced local
operators .... and overall had a blast.

Big thanks to the entire crew for helping to get the station ready.  Special
thanks ..... every contest .... to the unsung hero, Dave, W9PA, who remotely
maintains and upgrades all the computers, eliminating that often time-consuming
chore from the chief op's list.

See you in CW!

Tom, K8AZ