[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 1 23:09:44 EDT 2016

NCCC Sprint - Sep 2

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH

   80:   2      1
   40:   8      7
   20:   3      2
Total:  13     10  Total Score = 130

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I braced myself for a rough night when I saw the A and K indices a short time
ago. Nothing, zip, zilch heard on 15 meters, same spotlight propagation to TX
and LA on 20 meters as last week, and 40 was not kind to QRP this evening.
Bizarre auroral-like propagation heard on VE3YT and some 8th area stations on
80 meters, so the geomagnetic storm made itself known. So many requests for
repeats of my serial numbers tonight - I think it was because all of you with
counts in the 30s couldn't believe anyone was still sub-10 Qs with 10 minutes
remaining!  Thanks for the Qs and 73, MikeNH