[3830] NCCC Sprint K8MR LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 1 23:26:49 EDT 2016

NCCC Sprint - Sep 2

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OHIO

  160:   2     2
   80:   2     2
   40:   2     2
   20:   1     1
   15:   1     1
Total:   8     8  Total Score = 64

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Yuck. I was more or less ready, when we got a call at 10:15 from our daughter
who just signed a deal to buy a house. When we got off the phone I could hear
NS activity in the background. Got on 15, worked W1NN, about which time a dinky
rain shower passed over creating precipitation static. Went to 20 and proceeded
to get beat out in a bunch of six-way scrums. Worked one guy and decided screw
it, I'd make one qso on each band. Discovered that you can't just work one
without being rude, so ended up with two QSOs on the other three bands.

Wondered why signals were so weird (W4OC was the only normal signal on 160, not
counting W8WTS 10 miles away), see that we have a K=6 geomagnetic storm going
on.

Better luck next week.

73 -  Jim  K8MR