[3830] TnQP WN4AFP SO FixedMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 5 17:46:09 EDT 2016

Tennessee QSO Party

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SO FixedMixed LP
QTH: SC

  160:
   80:   29     15             28
   40:   23      7             23
-----------------------------------
Total:   52     22      0      51  Total Score = 11,622

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

I've never worked a contest in which I could hear stations all around my
'target' state... which was Tennessee. 40m during the early afternoon should
have been easy into Tennessee. 40m went long very early on Saturday... Most of
the stations were barely readable, but I made the contacts. I was in the 40m
'black hole', so 80m was my only hope for a decent finish. I heard stations in
NC, GA, VA, OH, AL, KY with 599+ sigs and the TN sigs were actually 339. Calls
heard included..K4BAI, KJ4LTA, NW0M, KI0I, W1END, W1DWA, KM4FO, VE3KZ, VE9AA,
N2CQ, KN4Y, K3TW and even NW2K. My 80m station was set at 40w to a dipole at 10
feet. I was having RFI issues with son's computer. 80m was perfect for the SC to
TN flight. I would like especially thank the two mobiles that really 'kicked-it'
in this contest... W4NZ with the best 'ears' on the planet AND K4ZGB who was
louder than the fixed stations. I was amazed that W4NZ could hear my sig on
either band. Hats off to KJ4LTA Ed for an amazing raw score. Go Swamp Fox
Contest Group - KG4IGC, K4AMA!  73s Dave WN4AFP