[3830] TnQP W4NZ/M Multi-Op MobileCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 5 22:41:12 EDT 2016

Tennessee QSO Party

Call: W4NZ/M
Operator(s): W4NZ K0EJ
Station: W4NZ/M

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: 25 counties

  160:
   80:   292                   42
   40:   604                   40
   20:   111                   27
-----------------------------------
Total:  1007    0       0     109  Total Score = 341,135

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

The W4NZ/m team this year was Mark K0EJ, Maegan (Mark's daughter) the chief
navigator/schedule keeper and myself. We made a couple of adjustment in our
route from previous years which allowed us to add a new county(MARSHALL)for a
total of 25. It's still roughly 450 miles of travel. Our setup consisted of an
Icom 756proIII @100 watts and two Hustler mobile antennas mounted on the roof
of my Chevy Trailblazer. Things were a bit slow in the early hours. We always
tried to spend some time on 20/40M in each county but conditions on 20 were not
good and the long skip did not support any rate.  Seems only a few stations were
on 20, namely VE9AA, K9YC and VE3KZ-thanks! As sunset approached everything
changed. It was a different contest. 40m did go long early but before it did we
had some full-blown roaring pileups which also moved to 80m late. Thanks to all
those who called in and for waiting as we worked our way through all the
callers.

Some of the QSO leaders were:
VE9AA - 33!! loud on most bands, Mike! Thanks!
NW0M - 26 thanks, Mitch!
VE3KZ - 26 you always seem to find us, Bob, thanks!
K9YC - 23 always there when we went to 20m, Jim, thanks!
N8II - 26 never have to worry about a WV mult, thanks, Jeff!
WE5EE - 19 - love that call!!

Thanks to every station who stopped by and gave us a call.

73, Ted for the W4NZ/m team.