[3830] NA Sprint CW WN6K LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 11 00:19:51 EDT 2016

NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3:36

---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC

Comments:

I have never done it but this must be what CRACK is!!!!

I was lost for about 1/2 hour with people zipping in and about till my head
spun almost off my head... then they sort of moved to 40 and there were the
sane people.  We worked each other until there seemed to be no new mults so I
went up to 40m.  THERE were all those insane people AGAIN!

After an hour or so I could crawl through the 'mud' and find someone I could
copy - make an exchange and then I remembered WHY I didn't like SPRINTS... I
was stuck on a freq because no one answered...

And you know there are only about 3 qsy's and you have to go back to the bottom
again.  Route 66 started today so they were pissed off that we were on their
highway so there was a lot of horn honking hoping we would go away...and after
the four hours were up - I gladly did.

FT-5000
40m (SteppIR DB18)
20m Buck ODP (above still broke)
80m Buck ODP

Thanks for those that hung in there and hope my piddling score helped one of my
teams.

Paul, WN6K