[3830] NA Sprint CW K9YC HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 11 16:17:23 EDT 2016

NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCV

---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club #1

Comments:

The first 15 minutes was excruciating -- an update from Lenovo decided to run
diagnosis of my laptop and push the results to me -- just as I was starting
Sprint. And if that wasn't enough, the idiot programmer turned my touchpad on,
causing my thumb to do things I didn't know it was doing, putting N1MM in all
the wrong modes, and even making one of my entry windows disappear! At one
point, my thumb called Skype -- or maybe a Skype upgrade (which I had turned
off) did it.  AAAARGH!

All of that caused me to be out of sync, put me on the wrong radio, lost QSOs,
etc. (and giving a couple of NILs) First I restarted N1MM, which didn't fix it,
then I noticed the touchpad issue, went into Control Panel and fixed it. 15
minutes in, I had only 9 Qs in the log.

Now the good news -- for years, I've been struggling with SO2R in Sprint, never
able to really get it going. This time around I started getting a rhythm going,
so next time around will be better. And other than the computer issue,
everything worked. My apologies if one of those early Qs that got lost was
yours.

73, Jim K9YC