[3830] WAE SSB 9A5Y(9A7DX) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 13 08:22:21 EDT 2016

WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: 9A5Y
Operator(s): 9A7DX
Station: 9A5Y

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): ~30

   80:   29    11    23
   40:   77   206    49
   20:  189   638    83
   15:  122   477    72
   10:   19     1    13
-------------------------
Total:  436  1333   555  Total Score = 981,795

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Yo,

Plan was to be in MS, but some technical failures with PA @ Friday evening
(again) didn't allow that & I was in big dilemma to participate or not,
because operating LP in DX & SSB contest is hardcore job.
Luckily, I'll try to work for a while and found it vy interesting and relaxing
:)

Did have so2r setup ready, but didn't use it at all. 1r was more than enough
:)

Condix was difficult, with some spotty openning's on HighBands, and short extra
opening on Low's.

I try to RUN many time's but got only 15q on my own CQ :(
On the other hand's, did find excitement in collecting QTC's :)

Congrats to guys in HP for all these big scores. There was no "local"
competition
in LP this time so I didn't find motivation to stay in the chair for full time,
but do not think that I've lost a lot.

Hihghlight of this game was Q with JH1EAQ with extra signal (s9+30db) on 80m @
sunday evening.

Also, it was funny to lsn all these SA stn. CQing on 10m @ Sunday evening with
no takers at all. CE2MVF was s9++ but 0 callers in few minutes, even after I
spot him on DXclus. And he's the MULTS with only 13q on 10 :)
&
Congrats to K5ZD, which was the only US stn. on 80m who copy my call & #
from first strike

Thanks to all for patience and Qs+Qtc

Cu next time, 73's

Vedran, 9a7dx