[3830] ARRL Sep VHF WA7JTM Single Op Port QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 13 12:36:15 EDT 2016

ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: WA7JTM
Operator(s): WA7JTM
Station: WA7JTM

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: DM34

    6:   46     4
    2:   51     7
  222:
  432:   40     4
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  137    15  Total Score = 2,665

This was my first effort as a QRP Portable contester, and the 10 watt power
limit is very... "interesting" to say the least. I do like the fact
that I can run a whole contest off of one battery, one radio, and a few HT's.

Local activity was actually pretty good but was limited to mostly the four grid
squares of the Metro Phoenix/Tucson area. Thanks to the AZ locals for all of
their efforts.

When it comes to the fewest stations worked out of state this contest was King
of all the contests I have ever operated.  I never heard anyone out of state
for the 12 hours I was operational on any band. I think I heard one meteor ping
on 6M. The only thing I heard for sure out of state was a six meter beacon in
DM25 near Las Vegas. Sad...really sad. At this point I will blow it off to the
10 watts I was running.

The only big time excitement in this contest came from the snake that crawled
under my feet while I was in QSO with someone. Did I mention the bazillion
bugs?

Anyhow, I still had fun and will, no doubt, do it all again some day!

73

Pete
DM34/QRP