[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K8CC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 15 16:46:05 EDT 2016

ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC
Station: K8CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN82
Operating Time (hrs): 9:38

  222:   11     5
  432:   23    11
  903:    3     2
  1.2:    7     2
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  107    49  Total Score = 7,889

Condx were terrible Saturday.  I was on 6M when the contest started and a
listener would never have known it - not one audible signal all the way across
the band.  The higher bands were not much better; spent Saturday afternoon
working locals and moving them up the bands.  After dark, 6M remained flat but
condx improved on the higher bands and longer distance QSOs became possible.

I was in Findlay, OH Sunday morning for the Findlay Hamfest, but was back on
the radios about 2000Z.  My 222 brick started tripping out with a "high
SWR" warning which turned out to be the wattmeter in line after the brick.
 Replaced it with a Bird 43 and all was well again, but I missed a number of
QSOs and mults while it was QRT

One interesting statistic is that I worked 35 unique stations, which means that
on average I made three QSOs with each station.  My thanks to everyone for all
the QSOs.