[3830] SAC CW LA8OM SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 20 18:20:06 EDT 2016

Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: LA8OM
Operator(s): LA8OM
Station: LA8OM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JO28SP

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1866   191  Total Score = 822,637

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

After a few years with my inland cabin as contest QTH, I wanted to try something
different this time; moving temporarily from in between mountains and hills to
the shores of the North Sea.

Disassembling all radio and antenna equipment, cables and stuff at the cabin,
bringing it home, reinstating it on Friday in a borrowed loft next to a
lighthouse (where the sockets turned out to be on a 10A circuit..), and then
pulling it down after 24 hours of use, was a more time consuming exercise than
anticipated, but well worth it. And hopefully the effort will show in terms of
a somewhat lesser score gap to the Scandinavian big-guns a bit further east
:-)

Field day style set-up with K3 and good ol' TS-570, Expert amps, 2 el. SteppIr,
inv.vee and wire GPs.

Tnx to all who join in and make SAC a high point of the Scandinavian ham radio
year!

73
Chris / LA8OM