[3830] CQ WW RTTY WA3EKL M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 25 21:35:39 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: WA3EKL
Operator(s): WA3EKL K0OO KG4USN KB3VQC KD4D W3MBC N3DPB
Station: WA3EKL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MD

   80:  155       28      25     8
   40:  295       46      54    17
   20:  411       30      71    21
   15:  368       13      66    19
   10:   10        1       7     6
------------------------------------
Total: 1239      118     223    71  Total Score = 1,175,436

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We would all like to thank our host WA3EKL and N3DPB for allowing our crew to
partake in the competition.

This was a contest of challenges.  This is the first time that this station was
ever run on a RTTY
Contest.  Alan our host and Engineer spent over 20 hours on the top of the
tower repairing damages on a 40 beam that had taken a lightning strike.
Much of the work was finally completed less than 8 hour before the contest.

Our crew was all excited as this was the FIRST RTTY contest for the majority of
the operators.

Conditions on the band were interesting as we did have a really short 10 meter
opening.  We are all learning how to properly use the equipment to maximum
efficiency..

Much to look forward to in future contests.

We can always know that we all did our best and are pleased with the results.

Until the next time:

73

Alan  WA3EKL

Pat  K0OO