[3830] CQ WW RTTY N5AC SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 25 22:01:10 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N5AC
Operator(s): N5AC
Station: N5AC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: EM10rm

   80:   38      21       4     5
   40:   66      24      18    12
   20:  206      40      27    17
   15:   13       0      11     5
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  323      85      60    39  Total Score = 83,720

This was the first time I'd run this contest at my QTH.  Antenna is a 10-80m
Windom at about 15' strung through the trees in my HOA neighborhood.  FLEX-6700
with Maestro running 100W.  I had so much fun running assisted last year, I
decided to give it a try this year as well.  But I didn't want to use Internet
spots since I have no idea if I could work those spots.  Instead, I ran RTTY
Skimmer on two bands at a time (I could do four) from the DAX IQ output of the
radio (over Ethernet) and then pointed N1MMs telnet window to RTTY Skimmer.
RTTY Skimmer showed the SNR of each spot from the same radio I was using.  I
found that with SNRs of around 28dB or higher I could work the stations with
little difficulty.  I received spots with SNRs as low as 6dB, but simply could
not work those folks -- I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me.  It was
nice to be able to run assisted with all spots generated from my own receiver.

 Band     QSOs     Pts  ZN   Cty  SP   Pt/Q
   3.5      38      42    5    4   21   1.1
     7      66     101   12   18   24   1.5
    14     206     275   17   27   40   1.3
    21      13      37    5   11    0   2.8
 Total     323     455   39   60   85   1.4
Score: 83,720
1 Mult = 1.8 Q's