[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7ZS M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 26 00:43:45 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K7ZS
Operator(s): K7ZS KI7Y KE7AUB
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR

   80:   51       21       4     5
   40:  453       49      40    23
   20:  629       47      74    27
   15:  335       26      29    19
   10:    3        1       1     1
------------------------------------
Total: 1471      144     148    74  Total Score = 1,123,020

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

FUN! Bands better than hoped, a little solar action to remind you to never
assume the bands will be the same or better 'tomorrow'..

Thanks to Andy KE7AUB for an incredible effort, and pulling an all nighter to
reap the rewards of the first night Asia opening on 40m.

Jim KI7Y for his help and keeping the conversation lively - which is the fun
part of RTTY contesting - not only can you whistle while you work, you can eat,
drink, talk on the phone and tell jokes at the same time!

Only had one Ampli-Fire ... RTTY will 'smoke out' anything that isn't hardened
and ready for battle - thank god I have plenty of Hot Swap spare amps!  (That's
what I get for not just going to the Alpha's straight away)

73 and see you all in the SSB test

-Kevin K7ZS