[3830] CQ WW RTTY AB3WS Rookie SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 26 06:14:13 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AB3WS
Operator(s): AB3WS
Station: AB3WS

Class: Rookie SOAB QRP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   60      28       13     8
   40:   77      20       34    14
   20:  100      17       44    16
   15:   65       7       32    12
   10:   10       2        8     5
------------------------------------
Total:  312      74      131    55  Total Score = 174,460

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I definitely enjoyed 80m this go around. For some reason, propagation and
antennas just seemed to click. I managed to catch a few Pacific Basin openings
on 20m early and 15m on Saturday and Sunday. I also caught a couple brief
openings on 10m as well, but there didn't seem to be a lot of stations I could
hear. Even though I managed more Qs on 20m, 80m was my favorite. 40m just felt
like a bit of a slog until late Sunday, where I caught some good greyline. I
managed to put a few ATNOs in the log as well, so that's a plus. Thank you to
everyone for their patience!

Elecraft KX3
Inverted-V 10-40m
Center-fed Lazy Inverted-L 40-80m