[3830] CQ WW RTTY VE6WQ SO(A)SB20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 26 10:46:48 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VE6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6WQ

Class: SO(A)SB20 LP
QTH: AB

   20:  711      51      92    31
-----------------------------------
Total:  711      51      92    31  Total Score = 298,062

Operated from home this year. Original plan was to go 20m assisted but due to a
problem with a parameter error in Writelog bandmap window I started out in the
non-assisted category. Reloading the program on Saturday night solved the
problem and switched to assisted for Sunday. Conditions here started out quite
good on Friday evening and all day Saturday. Excellent runs to Eu running LP.
By about 0000Z on Sunday I knew something was amiss as the band dropped out
very early compared to the previous evening. When I got up early Sunday morning
a saw a K of 5 and 4 for the previous 6 hours and 20m was quite dead and never
really recovered up here. Only a handful of Eu QSOs and even the US stations
were not good until about 1800Z. Had to quit early Sunday afternoon due to
other commitments. Missed a number of states/provinces. Heard several DX mults
on Sunday but just couldn't get through with the poor condx.

Equipment ICOM 756ProIII, 3-el SteppIR at 48ft