[3830] CQ WW RTTY K8AJS Classic SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 26 10:56:31 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Classic SOAB LP
QTH: OH

   80:    0       0        0     0
   40:   21       8       11     8
   20:  211      15       57    19
   15:   73       2       32    19
   10:    0       0        0     0
------------------------------------
Total:  305      25      100    37  Total Score = 130,410

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Disappointing contest; propagation seemed punk making contacts not as plentiful
as I would have liked. Even running low power, I usually am able to achieve
moderate success running, but not so much this time. A much larger percentage
of contacts were made using S&P than I'm used to.

Poor propagation and inability to run as much as I wanted made the whole thing
not so very much fun, so after 12 hours in the chair I decided to hang it up.
Looks like with solar conditions being what they are, and will be for a few
years, I'll have to approach contesting with a different attitude and different
objectives. Well, it is what it is and I'll make it work however I can...:-)

Rig: Elecraft K3/P3 100 watts
Antennas: 204-foot G5RV, 40-meter inverted vee, 3-ele quad
Software: WriteLog v11.23L