[3830] TxQP NR5M Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 26 14:13:12 EDT 2016

Texas QSO Party

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): K5GA KU5B NR5M
Station: NR5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Waller Co. Texas

  160:    0       0      0
   80:   28       0      0
   40:  252     242      0
   20:  161    1711     39
   15:   26     137    145
   10:    1       4      4
    6:    0       0      0
    2:    0       0      0
  UHF:    0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:  468    2094    188  Mults = 299  Total Score = 1,845,644

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Lots of fun on Sat.  Tried hard to work Texas mobiles but really challenging,
esp. on Sunday.  Rain static on Sunday.  Thanks Colin, KU5B, for the RTTY
effort on Saturday.

Station played GREAT! (tnx Bob, N6TV, for the huge effort getting us switched
over to using the USB ports on the Icom 7851s instead of the CIV lines to the
MicroKeyers.) It was nice not unintentionally switching modes, filters and
bands every 2 minutes this weekend.  My MicroKeyers, Shacklan antenna switches,
and 7851s just do not play well together yet (cockpit error on my part I am
sure).  BTW the Icom 7700s still played perfectly with their original setup.
Once the 7851s were being controlled by the computers usb ports everybody was
happy!

Our only regret is that we wish we could have worked more Texas mobiles!

See everybody next year.

George, NR5M