[3830] CQ WW RTTY KI6DY M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 26 17:13:12 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KI6DY
Operator(s): KI6DY VE6RAJ
Station: KI6DY

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: KS

   80:  219       45      12    10
   40:  385       46      30    14
   20:  529       37      60    23
   15:  170        4      47    20
   10:    0        0       0     0
------------------------------------
Total: 1303      132     149    67  Total Score = 774,648

Last time Raj and I did a multi-2 op in this contest was 15 years ago, right
after 9/11. I guess sometimes life gets in the way of ham radio. I'm sure glad
we got together to do it again. It was alot of fun and alot of work before and
during the contest.

The score is no where near 2001's but then again the solar flux is not over 200
like it was then. I really think the station we put together this time was
better than 2001, but propagation didn't cooperate. There we alot, and I mean
ALOT, of CQs that went un-answered. Think we saw one station (total) on 10
meters that we could not raise. 15 meter propagation was long, mostly to SA but
we were able to log some EU.

Thanks to all that gave us a call. We plan on teaming up again more often.

Station #1:
Yaesu FT-1000D
Heathkit SB-220

Station #2
Kenwood TS-590SG
Kenwood TL-922A

Antennas:
20 15 10 Force 12 C31-XR at 56 ft
40       Force 12 Delta 140 Rotatable Dipole at 60 ft
80       Inv Vee at 56 Feet

Logging:
Writelog v12.08 networked

73 de Bob (KI6DY)

P.S. Any unsportsmanlike like conduct was Raj's fault.