[3830] CQ WW RTTY N4WW SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 27 03:35:35 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N4WW
Operator(s): N4WW
Station: N4WW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: apopka

   80:  136       30      38    11
   40:  324       43      81    22
   20:  417       36      96    30
   15:  283       10      82    21
   10:   12        1       6     5
------------------------------------
Total: 1172      120     303    89  Total Score = 1,475,584

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I always think I can compete in this contest until Friday night. I am always a
slow starter without the morale boosting Multi op category.

I didnt know  until Friday but my wife left town to babysit the grand kids and
I had no excuses. So I dragged my butt into the ham room and did my
work/passion. Starting slowly and trying to qso every multiplier you can find
on 80 through 15 which took up most of Friday night. Then too tired to stay up
for apparently a great Saturday morning on 15. Took my 3-4 hour nap and hit it
hard with motivation to not look incompetent compared to other guys in the
club. I dont like "Butt in the chair" operating and running. But that
is what wins so finally by Saturday night and Sunday morning I made myself
"BIC" and run them ponies in Europe.

As my favorite baseball manager Joe Maddon says "Try not to suck" and
I passed this contest.

By the way, if you really like to be a "BIC" man, any contest that
has "CQ" in the contest name on HF generally will make any conditions
and the number of entrants go up by a factor of 10. Very good openings with no
sunspots.

(Quick condition summary) 10 didnt open that I could tell, except to South
America but didnt listen on Saturday. Sunday, Europe started slow on 15  with
mostly South Europe until about 11 am and then all of Europe until 2-3 pm. 20
was good all night friday and both days. 20 did close for a couple hours
Saturday night. 40 was quite good and even at 5-6 pm Sunday euros were calling
me. 80 meter static made decoding a problem but openings to europe are always
there by 1-2 hours after dark until euro sunrise.