[3830] TxQP N5DO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 27 08:50:04 EDT 2016

Texas QSO Party

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VICT

   20:   78      1
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  259    112      0  Mults = 159  Total Score = 159,159

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

As my wife is fond of saying, I've failed retirement for a second time.  I have
taken an interim job in Victoria, TX after living in Alpine for the past 42
years.  When this job is over, probably sometime in the late spring or early
summer, I will return to Alpine and west Texas.

In the meantime I put up a G5RV in a tree in the backyard of the house I'm
renting and tried it out for the first time in the Texas QSO Party.  I believe
the antenna worked fine (although not as well as my SteppIR in the backyard of
my home in Alpine), but conditions were down somewhat.  I felt that it was
better being in the center of the state on 40M, but on 20M it was almost
impossible to work any TX stations -- I only worked 3 Texans (all mobiles
operating close to Victoria) on 20M.

It was good to get back on the air!