[3830] TxQP WB5BKL SO CW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 27 20:38:29 EDT 2016

Texas QSO Party

Call: WB5BKL
Operator(s): WB5BKL
Station: WB5BKL

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs): 16:30

  160:
   80:    3     0       0
   40:   89     0       0
   20:   70     0       0
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  162     0       0  Mults = 90  Total Score = 43,200

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

K3/10 @ 5W to various wires.

15 minutes before the start of the TQP, Elizabeth asked me if I had noticed the
wire hanging on the bird feeder.  Oops.

I had the south end of the 40M dipole re-hung in the live oak and was on the
air by 9:20 CDT.  I hoped that was the worst that could happen.  Yeah, right.

It was not a good weekend for QRP from the Texas hill country.  Propagation was
not my friend - and the RTTY guys were no help either.  On 20M I could work both
coasts, Canada and into Europe but nothing nearby.  40M was not usable much of
the time, making contacts with Texas counties and the numerous rovers very
difficult.

Sunday, I worked only one Texas rover - the first contact of the day.  Just two
contacts in the last hour.

But - it's all fun.

My thanks to the Northwest Amateur Radio Society  for continuing to sponsor our
state QSO Party.

cln - Nick
"599 BURN"