[3830] CQ WW RTTY KP2/WE5DX(@KP2M) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 28 10:14:59 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KP2/WE5DX
Operator(s): AD5OW N5TIT KF5MEG
Station: KP2M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VI

   80:   82       28      20     9
   40:  606       49      64    21
   20:  701       52      82    26
   15:  823       49      72    25
   10:  116        2      30    12
------------------------------------
Total: 2328      180     268    93  Total Score = 3,181,080

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

We loved operating here from the islands and still find some kind of way to
learn something new each time we come down.  Thanks to everyone for all of the
Q's and Mults.

80M:   Well 80 was really bad from the islands.  The noise level was high and
the static crashes really made it tough to get any runs going.  The runs we
attempted were bogged down with retries so we just went back to 40 meters.
40M:  Even though 80 meters was a mess, 40 meters was in great shape.  The EU
runs were massive Which brought the rate down however we were able to pick off
a VU from India which is a nice from this part of the world.
20M:  Bread and butter is all I can say about 20 meters.  Was the all around
work horse of the contest.  We did work an VU and a UN as well but was a bit
easier than 40 meters.  The noise level was a ton lower from here so we really
enjoyed the runs to EU and NA.
15M:  WOW, 15 meters was a really good high capacity QSO machine.  The rates
were great to EU and some NA was to be had as well even though most was EU in
the mornings.  JA's were spotted but not really heard much here.
10M:  Well we did not expect much with 10 meters however we did get one opening
to EU around 14z on Saturday morning.  EU was very strong and easy with lots of
stations calling.  Beyond this opening there Was not much happening here.  We
had the mult station listening often but that was the only opening to be had
from here.