[3830] MSQP N1CC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Apr 1 21:46:49 EDT 2017

Mississippi QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: East Texas

   80:    4      4      0
   40:   22     21      0
   20:    3      0      0
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   29     25      0  Mults = 28  Total Score = 2,324

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: EleCraft K3/100 @100W. F12 C3 @64' on 20M. 80/40 Fan Dipole apex 50'
broadside N/S.  WriteLog V12.13B (Note" WriteLog with latest updates does
not support this contest well at all.  Contest Sponsor needs to get WriteLog to
fix their problems [Does not allow DIG contacts, Does not score correctly, and
does not have the NEW 3-letter abbreviations].  If WriteLog will not fix it,
take it off the list of OK software ... then I will know NOT to take part in
your contest, took two-hours to fix ALL of the WriteLog screw-ups.)(No I don't
want to change to another logging program.)

SFI 96, SN 65, A-Index 28, K-Index 4 does not make ANY location have good
conditions for this event. Although my final points are 14 TIMES last year's
score, I am once again TOO close to do anything significant above 7 MHz.  I did
manage to make 3 BS contacts on 20M.  Ran out of people on 40 and then had hard
time finding any that would go down on 80M.

NO5W/M was the mobile star with 10 contacts, W5MMM/M and KK4TE/M were the only
two others worked, coming to 14 QSO total for all three!  If there were other
mobiles I never found them.  (According to APRS NO5W was in 22 counties...so
the conditions prevented contacts with him during the middle of the day).

This is a challenging contest due to proximity, however, it is a lot of fun so
I may be back... Sure glad Cycle 25 is coming!