[3830] EA RTTY W0LSD SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 2 13:36:49 EDT 2017

EA RTTY Contest

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD
Station: W0LSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CO

   80:    8     8
   15:    9     9
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  348   146  Total Score = 100,156

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Partial effort. 2 hours into contest had momentary power outage, while I
happened to be turning the antenna. For some reason the antenna turned to 170
deg. I kept wondering why stations to the east of me were so weak! That happens
when the antenna is beaming south when it should be NE!!! CQd on 15 to a mostly
dead band. Worked a couple of locals and some SA and that was it, kind of like
10 meters. Missed the early 40 meter opening. On Sunday from 1400 to 1600 utc
it was like old times on 20. UA, UR, ER, stations that I have not heard for
many contests were finally audible. Great to work those guys again. Thanks for
the Qs.